- Only the latest patch is available for download or on CD. Our patches are cumulative and contain all fixes from previous patches.
- Before installing the patch, verify your education software and Faculty Access for the Web are running the versions available on Downloads.
The patch is not compatible with earlier versions.
If you are not currently running the latest versions, download and install them before installing the patch.
- The patch can be run only once.
- After you update the server, each workstation must be updated by a person with local administrator rights.
- If updating the database from a previous version, be sure to log into the software to update the database files prior to installing the patch.
- Check the software revision number that is currently installed. This will be used later to verify the patch was properly loaded.
- Verify you are logged into the Web server as a local administrator.
- Close out of all other applications running on the machine.
- On our Web site, select Downloads from the Support menu and then click Faculty Access for the Web
- In the Cumulative Patch section, click the executable link and then click Save on the File Download screen to save the executable to your Web server's hard drive.
- When the download completes, double-click the executable to launch it on the server.
- Click Finish once you are prompted that the update completed successfully.
- Log into program from the server and check the software revision number. Verify that it is larger than the one noted in step 2.