- You can set business rules (BB146886 to speed manual scheduling.
- You can easily edit the master schedule in Grid view because you can drag and drop classes. Just click a class and drag it to another cell in the grid. If you schedule in blocks, you will receive a message asking if you want to update the remaining meetings using the new block.
How to edit the master schedule
- On the Scheduling page, select the school, academic year, and session of the master schedule to edit.
- Click Edit master schedule. The Master Schedule screen appears.
- From the menu bar, select View and choose Grid View.
Note: You can also select List View or Summary View. In the Summary View (BB191330), you can view and edit the number of classes per term, the minimum, maximum, and target number of classes per term, and the class sizes.
- In the Term field, select a specific term or All Terms.
- From the Schedule menu, you can select Filters to limit the information that appears in the grid. For example, you can select to show only eleventh and twelfth grade English and Math courses.
- In the Show by field, select Time, Period, or Block. If you select Time, additional fields appear on the action bar so you can filter by interval, start time, and end time.
- In the Meetings field, select All Meetings, First Meetings Only, or Scheduled Meetings.
- In the Display By field, select Course, Faculty, or Room.
- If you display by course, to view or edit a course record, right-click the course ID, and select Go to Course.
- If you display by faculty, to view or edit a faculty/staff record, right-click the faculty name, and select Go to Faculty.
- If you display by room, to view or edit the room record, right-click the room name, and select Go to Room.
- To show conflicts on the grid, right-click the grid and select Show Faculty Conflicts, Show Room Conflicts, and/or Show Student Conflicts. On the grid, T indicates teacher conflicts, R indicates room conflicts, and S indicates student conflicts.
- To view or edit a class, select the class and click Open on the action bar or double-click the class. For example, you can open a class record and:
- Select the Meetings tab to assign meeting times, teachers, and rooms. Review How to manually assign meeting times for a class (BB146987) and How to select teachers or rooms without conflicts (BB139745).
- Select the Students tab to view the students with course requests for the course. Students with checkmarks in the Enrolled? column are enrolled in the selected class. Review How to manually enroll students (BB147150).
- To add a new class, click Add Class on the action bar.
For more information about the Master Schedule's different views review: Editing the Master Schedule: Understanding the Grid, List, and Summary Views