Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Adding a Segment to the account number structure is possible at any time, however, it is not possible to add, edit, move, or increase the length of an account segment if Accounts Receivable 6 or Payroll 6 is installed.
Note: The entire account number (including hyphens) cannot exceed 30 characters
- In Configuration, click Account Set up.
- Select Account Structure.
- Click Add a segment.
Note: This option is grayed out if Accounts Receivable or Payroll is installed.
- In the Segment Name field, select a name for the segment or New Table to add a table. If you select New Table, the Add New Table screen appears. Enter a name and number of characters to use for the short description for the table and click OK.
- In the Separator field, select a separator.
- In the Value to enter for existing accounts field, enter a default value for accounts already existing in the database.
- In the Description for existing accounts field, enter a description or No Value.
- To save the new segment and return to the Account Setup page, click OK.
- To add the segment and return to the Account Setup page, click Add Segment Now.
- When you exit the Account Setup page, your new account segments are saved automatically.