The Membership Statistics by Category Report reflects the changes of membership statuses during a specified time period.
To run the report:
- Click Reports, Membership Reports, Membership Statistics by Category and click New.
- Go through each tab and select the appropriate parameters.
- Click Print or Preview.
- You can process this report for all constituents or a selected group.
- You can include only those memberships linked to a gift. This means that any memberships not linked to a gift are not included in the report. If you select this option, the membership row with a drop status is not included because there is no gift information on the drop. The Dropped column is zero and the Members as of column is increased.
- The first column, Members prior to, lists all active and lapsed members for that category.
- The Renew Upgrade In column is different than the Upgrade In column. Members do not have to renew their memberships to be upgraded. They can have just a straight upgrade.
- What do the columns in the Membership Statistics by Category report mean?
- How does this report calculate with Include only active memberships in "Memberships as of" counts marked?
Calculation of the 'Memberships as of' Column:
- Memberships prior to (Start)
- Renew Upgrade In
- Renew Down In
- Rejoin Same
- Rejoin Upgrade In
- Rejoin Downgrade In
- Upgrade During Cycle In
- Downgrade During Cycle In
Subtotal = X
- Renew Upgrade Out
- Renew Downgrade Out
- Upgrade During Cycle Out
- Downgrade During Cycle Out
Subtotal = Y
Subtract for total:
X - Y = End Members as Of
- "Lapsed" is no longer included in the formula.
- When filtering on Categories, In and Out results may not match if a member Moved in or out to a category not in the filter set.