The Membership Statistics by Category Report reflects the changes of membership statuses during a specified time period.
To run the report:
- Click Reports, Membership Reports, Membership Statistics by Category and click New.
- Go through each tab and select the appropriate parameters.
- Click Print or Preview.
- You can process this report for all constituents or a selected group.
- You can include only those memberships linked to a gift. This means that any memberships not linked to a gift are not included in the report. If you select this option, the membership row with a drop status is not included because there is no gift information on the drop. The Dropped column is zero and the Members as of column is increased.
- The first column, Members prior to, lists all active and lapsed members for that category.
- The Renew Upgrade In column is different than the Upgrade In column. Members do not have to renew their memberships to be upgraded. They can have just a straight upgrade.
- What do the columns in the Membership Statistics by Category report mean?
- How does this report calculate with Include only active memberships in "Memberships as of" counts marked?
Calculation of the 'Memberships as of' Column:
Memberships prior to (Start)
Renew Upgrade In
Renew Down In
Rejoin Upgrade In
Rejoin Downgrade In
Upgrade During Cycle In
Downgrade During Cycle In
Subtotal = X
Renew Upgrade Out
Renew Downgrade Out
Upgrade During Cycle Out
Downgrade During Cycle Out
Lapsed (Lapsed will only be considered part of Y if 'Include only active memberships in 'Memberships as of' counts' is marked on the General tab)
Subtotal = Y
Subtract for total:
X - Y = End Members as Of