If the student does not have an existing Student Progression Entry:
- Create a data file for a Student Progression import
- Include at least the required fields in the import file:
- Academic Year
- Grade Level
- Student Import ID
- Include Advisor, Homeroom teacher, and/or Homeroom in the import file (not required fields). Use the Record ID of the Advisor, Homeroom teacher, and/or Homeroom to identify the records in the import file.
- Import the data file as a Student Progression import. Note: If any students that meet the criteria for this import already have a Student Progression entry on their records, they will be listed as an exception and the optional fields (such as Advisor) will not be added to their records.
To add an Advisor, Homeroom teacher, and/or Homeroom to a student record with an existing Student Progression entry:
- Export the fields to identify the student (such as student name and current grade) and the fields required for a
Student Progression import:
- Student ID/Student Import ID
- Import ID (Student Progression Import ID)
- Create a data file with all required fields and the fields to add, such as Advisor, Homeroom teacher, and Homeroom. *Use the Record ID of the Advisor, Homeroom teacher, and/or Homeroom to identify the records in the import file.
- Import the data file as a Student Progression import. Be sure to choose to Update existing records. Note: The optional fields, Homeroom teacher and Homeroom, included in the import overwrite the information on the Student Progression entry, if any. For example, if a Homeroom teacher was already listed, the import replaces it with the Homeroom teacher in the data file. This does not occur with the Advisor field because multiple Advisors can be assigned to a student record.
Even if the Student Progression Entry has already been added to the student record you can copy or add advisors by running the Mark for Reenrollment wizard.
- In the Administration page, click Status Wizards.
Note: You can also create and run the Mark for Re enrollment wizard in Records, Students by clicking the Mark for Reenrollment link.
- From the list on the left, select Mark for Reenrollment.
- Click New on the action bar.
- On the General tab, select the school, From academic year, promotion schedule, and To academic year
- On the Additional Information tab, you can choose to Copy Previous, or select a new Advisor, Homeroom, and Homeroom teacher.
- On the Filter tab, you can filter by the query.
- Click Run Now.