For example, you might define only skills on Lower School course records, but define grading and skills information on Middle School and Upper School course records.
To add skills to a course record:
- In Records click Courses.
- Open a course record and select the Grading tab.
- To edit an existing grading information record, select the appropriate academic year and session (such as 2004-2005, Regular). To create a new grading information record, you can click New Grading Information or Copy on the action bar.
Note: If you click Copy, select the academic year and session from which to copy and the academic year and session to create.
- On the Grading Information screen, the Grades tab automatically appears.
Note: If you record only skill ratings and not grades for a course, you can leave the Grades tab blank. If you record grades for the course, review How to define grading information on a course record (BB160244).
- On the Grading Information screen, select the Skills tab.
- To select skills not associated with a category, click Load Skill on the action bar. Move skills into the Include these skills box. Click OK.
- To select skills by category, click Load Category on the action bar. Move categories into the Include these skill categories box. Click OK.
- Mark the checkboxes to indicate the marking columns in which to award skill ratings.
- To save the grading information and return to the Grading tab, click OK.