- Default comments are not preset by Blackbaud. Create a list that is appropriate to your school's needs.
- When you define default comments, you can format the font and alignment of the text. You can also check spelling and check a thesaurus.
- The order of comments in the list determines the order comments appear when accessing comments in Grades. Use the Up and Down buttons to rearrange the entries on the Default Comments page.
Adding a Default Comment
- In Configuration, click Registrar Setup
- Select Default Comments
- To define a new default comment, click New Default Comment
- In the Comment Number field, enter a number for the comment
- In the text box, you can enter and format text
- Click Save and Close
To set a maximum allowed length for comments:
- In Configuration, click Academic Years
- Open the appropriate Academic year
- On the General tab, mark the Limit comment length to
[ ] characters checkbox and enter the number of characters. The default is 8000.
To set a default comment separator:
- In Configuration, click Business Rules
- Select Grades
- For Separator for default comments, select the separator to use between default comments when more than one comment is used for a marking column from the drop-down menu. You can select Carriage return, Space, Comma, Semicolon, Period, or End of sentence. This business rule applies only if using comment codes.