If errors are made when printing checks, use one of the following methods to correct them:
- Immediately after printing checks, void the entire check run or a range of checks. You can also purge the checks at the same time.
- If the wrong starting check number was entered (i.e., the actual check numbers do not match the bank register), renumber the checks in the bank register.
- If only the Post date or Post status are incorrect, and the check is unposted, change the Post Status or Post Date.
- If the check is reconciled, it cannot be voided. However, you can enter an adjustment to correct the problem.
- If the check is printed, and a valid check to be sent to the vendor or employee, void and purge the check, then reprint it to blank paper. This can be done on posted or unposted checks.
- If the check, or range of checks, is printed, posted, and NOT a valid check to be sent to the vendor or employee, void the check and reprint it.
- If the check did not print, refer to Checks that did not print successfully or printed to the wrong printer are listed in the bank register.