Note: Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
Internet Security Zone 0 is the My Computer Zone and is not available in Internet Explorer by default. This specific setting can be modified manually using the registry edit below. To modify this setting in Internet Explorer, follow the second paragraph.
- Edit the Registry
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\
- Right-click the 1803 key and select Modify
- Change the value to 0 and click OK
Note: Value Data for Key: 0=Downloads enabled, 3=Downloads disabled
- Use Microsoft Solution 315933 to Enable the My Computer Security Zone in Internet Options
- Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Security Tab
- Highlight Internet and click the Custom Level button
- Find File downloads under Downloads and choose the Enable Option. Save the setting.
Note: This option can by set by Group Policies. If this option changes after reboot, please check with your IT staff to modify this Group Policy.
If setting policies on the "My Computer" zone does not resolve the issue, consider enabling File downloads on all zones temporarily.