Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
If your software is hosted by Blackbaud, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
- Depending on the size of the database and the number of transactions to process, the plug-in can take several hours to run. To minimize the impact of the processing on users, we recommend you run the plug-in from the server, at off-peak hours, or over a weekend.
- Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click the EXE file.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the The Raiser's Edge 7\Plugins folder on the workstation. Some organization's save their The Raiser's Edge 7\Plugins folder in a different location but generally the default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins. The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobFixMemSequence.vbd and FixMemSequence.dll.
- Register FixMemSequence.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Membership Sequence Utility link.
- Follow the prompts.