- In Configuration, select the Tables form.
- Select the Phone Type table.
- To add a new phone type to the table, click New Table Entry on the action bar.
To edit an existing table entry, highlight the entry in the Description box and click Open on the action bar.
- To set the phone type as not shared, mark the Do not share phone numbers of this type checkbox.
- When you add a non-shared phone type to a record in Records, the phone grid shows an X in the Shared? column.
- Changes you make to the phone type definition affect all records on which the phone type exists. For example, you define a phone type as shared. You add the phone type to records. You then edit the phone type record by marking the Do not share phone numbers of this type checkbox. When you click OK, a message appears letting you know that all existing phone numbers of this type will no longer be linked. Click Yes to save the edit. Click No to cancel the request.