Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article. If the attribute is not used on any records:
- In Configuration, click Attributes.
- Click the gray square to the left of the appropriate attribute.
- Press Delete on the keyboard.
- Click Yes when prompted to delete it
If the attribute is used:
- In Administration, click Globally Delete Records.
- Select Attributes as the record type.
- Select to either delete the records or run a pre-delete report.
- Mark the Create control report checkbox.
- Select the Delete Options tab.
- Select the type of attribute to delete and the description in the Attributes to Delete grid.
- Click Delete Now to begin the process.
- The control report appears once the process completes.