Ensure the workstations and server are on the same version and patch by attempting the following steps in order listed until the issue is resolved.:
- Manually update the workstation by running Setup.exe from the Deploy folder on the server
- If the error indicates an issue with the incorrect patch number; cancel and delete the BBUpdate.ini file on the workstation with the older patch and re-launch the database.
- Verify the InstallSource value in Registry is correct:
- Edit the Registry Note : Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
- Browse to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge\7.0 (or The Financial Edge\7.0) - (32-bit operating systems)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge\7.0 (or The Financial Edge\7.0) - (64-bit operating systems)
- Verify the InstallSource string value points to correct Deploy folder for that product on the server
Note: The path should end with a backslash \
- If this path is incorrect or if the path itself does not exist, edit or add this location\path\
Note: You can use a UNC path to prevent having to map a drive from the workstation to the server.
- Update the Deploy Kit on the server.
- Grant the user Local Administrator rights to their workstation.
- Grant the user Read/Execute rights to the location of the Deploy folder.
- Update the server and workstations to the latest version or the latest patch as applicable.
- If you have recently restored to a backup, verify that a SQL Server version of the database was restored and not an ASA version.
Contact Support and reference this article.
Please be prepared to provide the exact wording of the error message as well as the steps (click by click) on how to duplicate the error.