We recommend correcting the problem by running the update as described above. However, if the version and patch installed on the workstation is the same as the version and patch on the server, then you can correct the problem without running the update, by using the following method:
Note : Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
- At the workstation, edit the registry
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\7.0 (If the Operating System on the workstation is 64 bit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\7.0)
- Right-click the InstallSource key and select Modify.
- Change the value to the location of the Deploy folder on the new server e.g. \\NewServerName\Deploy\
- Do the same for the AFN64InstallSource.
- Exit the Registry.
- Search for files named BBUpdate.ini.
- Rename any BBUpdate.ini files located in the AFN64 or Financial Edge folders.
- The default location for these files are C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge and C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\AFN64
- Log into the database. This will update the server settings stored locally.