- Ensure that the solicitor has a constituent record and that it is marked as a solicitor.
- Click Records, Gifts from the menu bar.
- Open the appropriate gift or add a new one. If adding a new one, enter all the appropriate information such as gift date, amount, fund, etc.
- Click the Solicitor button.
- Place the cursor in the Solicitor field and press F7 or the binoculars button to search for the solicitor.
- In the Search screen, enter the solicitor's name.
- Double-click the appropriate solicitor to select him/her.
- Enter the gift amount to credit to the solicitor and tab to the next row.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 for each solicitor. Go to step 10 if only assigning one solicitor.
- Click OK
- Click Save and Close to save the gift
Note: If the solicitor is an assigned solicitor on the Relationships tab and you are only adding one solicitor to the gift, instead of following steps 4 to 10, click the down arrow on the Solicitor drop-down menu and select the assigned solicitor.
To automatically add a solicitor to the gift:
- Assign the solicitor to the constituent.
- Add the new gift for the constituent.
- The solicitor will auto-fill in the solicitor field when the fund is added to the gift.
- The gift date must be within the Date From and Date To for the solicitor to autofill
- The gift column must be before the solicitor column