- Create an Import file with the required fields for importing Constituents.
- Include a blank column with the header: ImportID for the Import ID.
- Determine the Import IDs that will be used for the records such as your initials, the date and a sequence number. Example: JB070504-001, JB070504-002
Note: To automatically fill in ascending Import IDs:
- Enter the Import ID for the first two records in the import file.
- Highlight the two cells that contain the Import ID.
- Place your cursor on the bottom right corner of the highlighted range until you see a + sign.
- Click and drag your cursor down the remaining records to automatically generate and assign the rest of the Import IDs.
- Complete the Constituent information to include in the import file.
- Save and close the file as a .csv format.
- In Administration, click Import.
- Create a new Constituent import.
- Import the file.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.