Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Download and run the Trim Import IDs plug-in, which removes trailing spaces at the end of the Import ID field.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Have all users log out of The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Download the appropriate utility for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- TrimImportIDs.exe: Version 7.50
- TrimImportIDs_76.exe: Versions 7.61 - 7.80
- Select the option to Save this program to disk and save the file to the local hard-drive of any Raiser's Edge 7 workstation.
- Double-click the EXE file and when prompted, unzip the files into the \RE7\Plugins folder of the workstation. The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: dobUpdateDBPlugin.vdb, UpdateDB.dat, UpdateDB.mdb and UpdateDBPlugin.dll
- Register UpdateDBPlugin.dll on the workstation.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7 and click Plug-Ins in the Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select Trim Import IDs
- Follow the prompts