To prevent formatting errors on report cards and transcripts, be sure all teachers know this important information:
- All text pasted into comments in Faculty Access for the Web must include only the formatting options listed above. Text with unsupported options, such as superscript, tables, bulleted lists, and numbered lists, causes formatting inconsistencies. For example, if a note or comment included on a report card includes superscript text, all the following text prints in superscript, as shown in the following example:
- If teachers include unsupported formatting options in notes and comments, there are multiple ways to remove them:
- Teachers can paste comments from the word processing document into Notepad to strip the formatting, recopy the comments then paste into FAWeb.
- Teachers can copy all appropriate text from Faculty Access for the Web to a word processing document, remove the unsupported codes, and then copy the text back into Faculty Access for the Web. The administrator can then post the comments to Registrar's Office.
- The administrator can copy all text from Registrar's Office to a word processing document, remove the unsupported formatting codes, and copy the text back into Registrar's Office.
(Note: In Internet Explorer, when entering a note, press SHIFT + ENTER to create a new paragraph without extra space between the paragraphs )
To avoid the need for this process, if teachers create notes/comments in a word processor and then copy them to Faculty Access for the Web, ensure they know how to disable the word processor's automatic formatting option. For example, to disable automatic formatting in Word, proceed as follows:
Word 2003 and Mac Word 2008
- Select Tools, AutoCorrect Options from the menu bar
- Select the AutoFormat As You Type tab
- Unmark all checkboxes
- Click OK
Turn off "AutoFormat as you type" options:
- Start in Word.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
- Click Proofing, and then click AutoCorrect Options.
- On the AutoCorrect tab, click to select or to clear the checkboxes for the options that you want to enable or disable.
- On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, click to select or to clear the checkboxes for the options that you want to enable or disable. After you do this, you can format these items manually.
- Click OK twice.
For additional information on auto formatting features and turning them off in Word please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291473.
For additional information on auto formatting features and turning them off in Word for Mac, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287911.
We recommend you add this information to the Faculty Access for the Web training documentation you provide to teachers. Review the sample teacher tutorials on our Web site.