Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
For the Raiser's Edge version 7.85.5026 and higher
- On the Sample Database page, download the appropriate sample database.
- Detach the old sample database from the Blackbaud Management Console, if it is currently attached.
- Rename the folder where the current sample database files reside to OldSampleData. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\SampleData (32-bit operating system)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Sample Data (64-bit operating system).
- Add a new SampleData folder in the same location as the OldSampleData folder. The default is:
C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge 7 (32-bit operating system)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge 7 (64-bit operating system).
- Unzip the downloaded sample database file to the new SampleData folder.
- Attach the new sample database to the Blackbaud Management Console.
- Install the standalone version on a separate workstation.
- Copy the sample database from the install to the server.
- Use the above steps to add the database to the Blackbaud Management Console.
To download the sample database for The Raiser's Edge versions 7.80 - 7.84, refer to Knowledgebase article 44779.