Which was in use first--the program or the bank account?
- If the program was in use before your bank account, your starting point will be the initial bank transaction that created the bank account.
- If the bank account was in use before you started using the program, your starting point will be the beginning balance recorded in the program.
- If you are not sure, run the General Ledger Report for the cash accounts to search for the first transaction and compare this to your bank statements.
Reconcile to your starting point. For example, if you began using your bank account January 12, 2004, you can reconcile to a beginning zero balance at December 31, 2003.
- In Banks select the account
- Under Cash Management Tasks, then click Reconcile this account
- Enter end date of the month before you began using the account
- Enter a zero starting and ending balance