- Create a Constituent query of the records that have the specific address type that will be deleted.
- Create a Constituent export that includes constituent import ID, address import ID and address type. (Optionally, add more fields to help review the data in Excel. But these will not be used for the import.) Use filters to select the specific address type and export the file as CSV format.
- Open the CSV file in Excel.
- In the header, rename constituent import ID to ImportID, the address import ID to AddrImpID, and address type to AddrType.
- In the address type (labeled AddrType), change the type to "Delete Me" in the whole column.
- Save the file as a CSV file.
- Update the database to change the Address Type for the specific addresses using the Constituent Address Import (for one address per row) or a Constituent Import (for multiple addresses per row). For this import, note the following:
- On the General tab, choose to Update existing records.
- On the General tab, choose to create new table entries (for the Delete Me entry in step 5).
- Attach the data file created in steps 1 - 6
- If more fields were added/exported than what is mentioned in step 2, review the Fields tab to ensure that just the mentioned fields are mapped.
- When the import is complete, download and run the Alternate Address Deleter plug-in, which globally deletes all instances of an address type for alternate addresses. (Note: This is already installed in the Blackbaud Hosting environment.)
- Select the Address type of Delete Me to delete in the field provided and click Begin.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.