Blackbaud NetCommunity can only send to one email type at a time when using a constituent based query list.
For version 7.1+
When editing a message, with the Data Tab of Constituents, you can select the Email Type the message will send to. This also includes the ability to send to the Primary flag for an email address within The Raiser's Edge record.
To confirm the email type for a Constituents email:
- From Email>Messages, click the Pencil icon next to your message
- Note: if the message has already been sent, click the Paper icon to copy the message, then start step 1
- Select the desired type from the Email address type dropdown. Screenshot below
- Note: if this field is not available in your message, this indicates the Template for your message is not using a Data Source of Constituents.
- Note: NetCommunity will first attempt to send to the Email Type selected on the message. If the Constituent does not have a Primary Flag for an email address or does not have the email address type selected from this dropdown, NetCommunity will attempt to send a message based on the Phone Type Mapping. Phone type mapping can be confirmed in the next section.
Note: for version 7.0 and below, NetCommunity only sends Constituent emails per the Phone Type mapping listed below.
Note: for version 7.1+, NetCommunity will first attempt to send to the Email Type selected on the message, as noted above. If the Constituent does not have a Primary Flag for an email address or does not have the email address type selected from this dropdown, NetCommunity will attempt to send a message based on the Phone Type Mapping. Phone type mapping can be confirmed in the next section.
- Log into Blackbaud NetCommunity as a supervisor user
- Navigate to Administration > Sites & Settings
- Scroll down to the Phone type mapping section
- Locate the Blackbaud NetCommunity phone type field Email address
- Select The Raiser's Edge email type under the corresponding drop-down
- Click Save at the top of the page
Note: If the Raiser's Edge record has two emails on the record, both with the same type, NetCommunity will send to the first email listed.
Note: Profile Form Updates.
- The following criteria are met:
- The constituent has a username and password to the NetCommunity website and is linked between Raiser's Edge and NetCommunity
- Constituent logs in to their BBNC Profile Form to update their Preferred Email
- There is a Profile Update in the NetCommunity with the newly updated Preferred Email
- The most recent Preferred Email that the constituent added to their Profile Form will be the email address that is utilized, if the Phone Type mapping or Email Type in the message is sending to this email type.