Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article. The following steps assume the database is being moved to a different server, i.e. the standalone will not be the new server.
- Exit and Sign out of the software
- Backup the live database files
- Copy the database files to a directory on the server where the files will permanently reside after the network installation
- Install the server [The Financial Edge/The Education Edge] [The Raiser's Edge]
- Open the Blackbaud Management Console and select to Attach an existing database
- Install the workstations by running Setup.exe from the Deploy folder on the server
Note: If installing the former standalone as a workstation, be sure to uninstall the standalone version through the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs prior to installing it as a client workstation.