- Enter grades before running GPA calculations.
- Click Grades in Education Edge
- Click Enter Grades by Student
- Filter on the appropriate school, year, and session
- Search for the preferred student
- Enter the preferred grades
- Save and close
- Verify the Grade is Marked to Use in Calculations
- In Grades, Click Enter grades by student
- Right-click a course name in the grid and select Details for student...
or From the Enter grades by course screen or Enter grades by teacher screen, right-click a student's name and select Details for student...
- Mark the appropriate checkboxes to include the grade in calculations
- Define the Marking Columns to Calculate for the Marking Column in question on the YTD tab of the GPA calculation:
- In Configuration, click Registrar setup.
- Highlight GPA Calculations.
- Select and open the appropriate GPA calculation.
- On the Formula tab, if the GPA calculation has not been calculated, unmark the Year-to-date GPA checkbox to exclude Year-to-date Calculations.
- Or if the Year-to-Date checkbox is grayed out select marking columns to calculate the YTD GPA by selecting the Year-to-Date tab.
Select a marking column to calculate, click Add Marking Column to Calculate on the action bar.
- In the Marking column to calculate field, select the marking column to calculate.
- In the Include field, mark All or Selected. If you mark Selected, move the appropriate marking columns to the Include these marking columns box.
- In the Include these sessions box, mark the sessions to associate.
- To save your selections and return to the Year-to-Date tab, click OK.
- You can continue adding marking columns to calculate. For example, you can calculate Quarter 1 including Quarter 1. Then calculate Quarter 2 including Quarter 1 and Quarter 2, etc.
- Create a course query to determine if any of the courses with student grades are do not have the GPA type:
- Create a new Course query
- On the Criteria tab select Grading Information, Academic Year equals [academic year]
AND Grading Information, Session equals [session]
AND Grading Information, GPAs, GPA does not equal [GPA type]
- On the Output and Sort tabs select fields to show in the query, such as Course name
- If there is a large number of course records in the results, use the query as a filter in a course export in order to import GPA types to courses.
- View the translation table and mark the checkbox to use in GPA calcs.
- In Configuration, click Registrar Setup.
- Highlight Translation Tables Select and open the appropriate translation table.
- On the toolbar select View, GPA View
- Beneath the GPA type mark the checkbox to use in GPA calcs
- Mark the option to Include historical grades on the General tab of the GPA Calculation parameter.
- Open the preferred GPA parameter or create a brand new one
- Mark Include historical grades checkbox