Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
If a small number of records need to be changed:
- Open the Constituent record of the person who the relationship is on.
- Select the Relationships tab.
- Open the affected relationship.
- Select Relationship - Break Link with [name of constituent to be changed back to nonconstituent].
- Select the option Break Link and delete the constituent record for this relationship.
- Click OK.
- Save and close the Relationship record.
The relationship is now a nonconstituent and the constituent record view no longer exists.
If a large number of records need to be changed:
- Create a relationship export and export all the data that should be retained for each relationship. This may include name, title, addressee, and address. Be sure to export the import ID of the constituent whose record is being retained.
- Globally delete the appropriate constituent records (if needed).
- Use the data exported in step 1 to import the deleted constituents as individual relationships.