- Only the sample database for the US version of The Financial Edge, The Education Edge, and Blackbaud Student Information System SQL Server versions are available for download. Canadian clients can download the file for the US version and Contact Support and reference this article. to request a utility to convert it accordingly. The database will automatically update upon the first login.
- If you are installing the sample database for a training class, refer to How to install The Financial Edge, The Education Edge, or Blackbaud Student Information Systems software for training classes
- The Financial Edge and The Education Edge sample database and The Financial Edge and Blackbaud Student Information System sample database are each included in a single file. Sample data is only viewable for the products you have installed in your live database.
- Downloading and extracting The Financial Edge, The Education Edge, or Blackbaud Student Information System Sample Database:
- On the Sample Database page, download the appropriate sample database.
- Double-click the executable (.exe) file and click Browse to select the directory to extract the files to. We recommend extracting the files to a temporary directory first, rather than the current sample database directory. It should be moved later to its permanent location when attaching it to the Blackbaud Management Console.
- Click Unzip
- Adding the database to the Blackbaud Management Console:
In order to access the new sample database, it must be attached to the current Blackbaud Management Console.
If you are unable to download the database:
- Install the standalone version on a separate workstation
- Copy the sample database from the installed workstation to the destination directory on the server
- Detach the old sample database from the Blackbaud Management Console (if it is currently attached)
- Attach the new sample database to the Blackbaud Management Console