Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Use caution when marking entries as Do Not Post. Not posting entries or changing post dates can cause reconciliation differences with your General Ledger.
- Create a gift query of the gifts to be deleted
- Click Admin, Globally Delete Records
- Select Gifts for the record type
- On the General tab, click Include and choose Selected Gifts. Browse to and select the query created in step 1. (Choosing All Gifts will delete ALL gifts in the entire database.)
- On the Delete Options tab, move the appropriate fields to the right, including 'are posted'
- Unmark Create adjustments to your general ledger for posted gifts
- Click Delete Now