- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View a sample data file (jobimports.csv), which imports a new Job (Pre-Event Setup) and updates Sign-in Table Job minimum age to 17 in the sample database. You may need to widen the columns to view all of the information in a column. The sample file was tested in version 7.82.1514. Other versions may vary slightly in the available fields.
You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file that includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Raiser's Edge. The fields in italics are conditionally required. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information.
JobImpID, JobName,JobCat, JobComplete, JobDesc, JobEndDate, EventID, JobMinAge, ImportID, JobPosition, JobStartDate, JobVolType
- Corresponding Field Names
Job Import ID, Job Name, Job Category, Completed, Description, End Date, Event ID, Minimum Age, Organization Import ID, Position, Start Date, Volunteer Type
* Although headers are not required in The Raiser's Edge , we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Raiser's Edge.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Note: Not all fields can be imported with all import types; for example, gifts cannot be imported with constituent information. Refer to the Job Imports section of the Import Guide (PDF) for a list of all available fields (layout table) and for what each is used. You can also access the layout table from the Fields tab in the import parameters.
- In Import, select Job from the Job category. Click New and select the following parameters. For more information on what these parameters mean, refer to How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing (BB58904).
- What do you want to do?: Update existing records
- Options: Import records not found as new records
- What file do you wish to import?: Browse to the import file
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents?: Use the Import ID
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Raiser's Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.