When you have the optional module Membership Management, the Membership Form part type appears in Blackbaud NetCommunity. For specific information on creating membership forms, click Help in Part Gallery and search the Help file for 'Membership Forms'.
With the Membership Form part type, you can design a membership Web page and solicit for new members on your website. While designing the membership page, you decide the membership categories for which you want to advertise online. You can create links for renewing existing memberships, allow for gifts of membership, and customize your confirmation message for your Web users.
The Membership Form in Blackbaud NetCommunity creates and displays multiple pages on your website.
- The first page, which you can choose not to display on your Web site, is Current Membership. This displays a website user's current membership information for review. Designing the Current Membership page for a Membership Form.
- The second page (or the first, if you do not display Current Membership) is the Join\Renew page. This page contains the available membership categories you select to display on your website. Designing the Join\Renew page for a Membership Form.
- After this, your website user comes to the Cards/Guest Pass page. You do not have to give your members the option for additional cards and guest passes. You can choose not to display this page on your website. Designing the Cards/Guess pass page for a Membership Form.
- The next page is Transaction. It displays the member name and financial information. Designing the Transaction page for a Membership Form.
- The last page is for the acknowledgement message. When you generate an acknowledgement in the Membership Form part type, you can select to display the message on your Web page for the site user to read once the membership is submitted. At the same time, the acknowledgement is automatically sent by email to the member.
To generate a Membership Form part type from the beginning, start with the Designing the Current Membership page for a Membership Form procedure. Once you complete the steps in this procedure, continue to create your Membership Form by following the remaining procedures for this part type.