- BBDBA is the Blackbaud Database Administrator
- BBDBA is the SQL login that the financial and education software uses to make direct changes to the database. The purpose of the separate login name is to ensure that The Financial Edge/The Education Edge users do not have direct modification rights of the SQL server database.
- User licenses are not used by the BBDBA user
- If using Faculty Access for the Web:
- When users connect to Faculty Access for the Web, it uses this BBDBA user to make the connection to the database. When a user logs out of Faculty Access for the Web, IIS and the Blackbaud Management Console still maintains this connection. This connection stays active until IIS is restarted.
- A new connection is opened with the BBDBA user every time a user connects to Faculty Access for the Web from a new machine, which causes BBDBA to show multiple times.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.