Some of the parameters to consider when filtering on a text field are:
- A text field will be initially evaluated by the first character
- Single digit numbers will not necessarily be considered less than multi-digit numbers
E.G. 'Less than' 6 will not include 10-59 nor 100-590 etc., since 6 is greater than 1-5
E.G 'Greater then' 9 will not include 10-89 nor 100-890 etc, since 9 is greater than 0-9
- Double/multi-digit numbers will not necessarily be considered greater than single digit numbers
E.G. 'Greater than 60 (or 600 etc.) will include 7-9
E.G. 'Less than' 60 (or 600 etc.) will not include single digit numbers of 7, 8 or 9
- A numeric grade of 100 will be evaluated by the first character
E.G. since 1 is less than 2, 100 will be evaluated less than 2 or 20
- A grade of 100 (or above) falls between a grade of 1 and 2 so these grades must be specifically included or excluded rather than using the BETWEEN or NOT BETWEEN operator.
- Text order is 0-9, then A-Z, then a-z
- Letters are evaluated as greater than numbers
E.G. 'Greater than' any numeric value will also include all letters in a text field
E.G. B+ will be evaluated greater than than 20
- In version 6 grade entries are stored with 3 decimal places, therefore grades must be specified as 85.000, 99.000 or 100.000, for example.
- In version 7 grade entries are stored with 7 decimal places, therefore grades must be specified as 85.0000000, 99.0000000 or 100.0000000, for example.
- Run a grade report for students with failing grades
- On the General tab, mark the Create an output query of Students