- In Records, Vendors, open the vendor record.
- On the Vendor tab, click the 1099 Adjustments button or click Vendor, Enter 1099 Adjustments from the menu bar.
- Enter a date in the Effective Date column.
Note: The effective date must be within the year you want to adjust.
- Select the vendor's normal 1099 box number.
- Select the current (incorrect) state from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the adjustment that needs to be made to box 18.
- Enter a positive number to increase the box 18 amount
- Enter a negative number (e.g.,-100) to decrease the box 18 amount
- In the next row, enter the same effective date and 1099 box number as in the first row.
- Leave the State box blank.
- Enter an amount that is opposite of the amount in the first line. If you entered (-100) in the first line enter 100 in the second line.
Note: The net of the two lines should equal zero the total 1099 amount for the vendor remains the same.
- Click OK.
Note: To prevent this happening in the future ensure the state is defined correctly on the vendor's 1099 distribution.