If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, Contact Support and reference this article.
If your software is not hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, follow the below steps:
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Download and run the Trim Name Fields plug-in, which eliminates trailing spaces from record names. The plug-in is compatible with The Raiser's Edge version 7.70.874.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Log in to the workstation as a Local Administrator
- Download TrimNameFields_770.exe
- Save TrimNameFields_770.exe to the local hard drive of any Raiser's Edge 7 workstation
- Double-click TrimNameFields_770.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. TrimNameFields_770.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: dobUpdateDBPlugin.vbd, UpdateDB.DAT, UpdateDB.mdb and UpdateDBPlugin.dll
- Register UpdateDBPlugin.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users Exit and Sign out of The Raiser's Edge 7
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7
- Click Plug-Ins from the Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select Trim Name Fields
- Follow the prompts