Caution: Purging records permanently excludes the records from searches or reporting in the database. Records that have been purged cannot be recovered without restoring to a backup.
To purge records or transactions, click Administration on the navigation bar and select the appropriate purge option:
- Vendor Activity
- Exclude transactions after a specific date.
- On the Filters tab, select to include all or specific Vendors. Select to include all or specific Vendor attributes.
- Mark the checkboxes to include any or all of the following statuses: Active, Inactive, On Hold.
- Purge vendors created before a specific date.
- Purge vendors with open-ended recurring invoices.
- Purge vendors with current 1099 adjustments.
- On the Filters tab, include or exclude specific vendors or vendors by attribute.
Note: Checks may be purged in Banks
- Assets - Select to include all or specific Assets. Select to include all or specific Asset attributes.
Note: To be purged, assets must be fully depreciated or disposed.
- Fiscal Years - The option defaults to the oldest closed fiscal year.
Note: No options for purging are available in Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, Student Billing, or Payroll other than purging checks in Banks. To exclude inactive records in these products from searches or reports, assign them an inactive status.