- In Accounts Payable > Query > New and select Vendor as the Type and Dynamic as the Format.
- On the Criteria tab:
- Expand 1099 Distribution > double-click to select 1099 Box Number > change operator to 'not blank'
- Expand Summary> select Total payment amount > change operator to greater than or equal to > enter $600 but DO NOT click OK> select the Filter tab > select Payment Date > set operator to between > enter calendar year date range > click OK on just this window > select Voided? > set operator to equals > change value to No > click OK > click OK on edit field criteria window
Note: You can enter $.01 for the greater than or equal to field on Total payment amount if you prefer to see all 1099 Vendor payments.
- On the Output tab:
- Expand Vendor> select 1099 Vendor, Vendor name, Tax ID #, and any other desired fields
- Expand Addresses > Default address for 1099 forms, Address line 1, City, State/Province, and ZIP/Post Code
Note: You can use the blue arrows at the bottom of the Output tab to change the order of the columns, if desired.
- On the Sort tab:
- Expand Vendor > select Vendor name
- Select the Results tab.
For more information, refer to How to find and correct missing 1099 activity.
- Query results can be duplicated if a type of the fields selected on the Output tab exist on the vendor record more than once, such as invoice number or phone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.). For example, if a vendor has 12 invoices in the date range entered in the query criteria, and invoice number is included in the Output tab, the vendor name will appear 12 times, once for each different invoice.
- For a list of invoices, use the Cash Disbursement Journal entering the same dates and filtering by the query.
- To prevent duplicate rows, eliminate the field causing duplicates, or run a Year to Date Vendor Analysis Report using this Query.
- If you have duplicates in your query, run the query through another module such as Export or Reports to suppress the duplicates.