- The Business Rules selected in Configuration for Attendance
- How attendance codes are setup
- How the academic year is set to track attendance.
- In Configuration, click Business Rules
- From the list on the left, select Attendance
- The "When calculating day attendance from class attendance, calculate using the" option determines how to translate class attendance to day attendance on reports
- If you select relative length of classes in a day, the program calculates day attendance considering the minutes of classes for which the student is scheduled in a day.
- If you select number of classes in a day, the program calculates attendance based on the number of classes the particular student is scheduled in for that day.
For example, you have eight classes in a day, consisting of four classes lasting 30 minutes each and four classes lasting 60 minutes each. The same attendance code is entered in the four classes lasting 30 minutes each.
If you select relative length of classes in a day, the program calculates day attendance as the number of class minutes containing the attendance code divided by the total number of class minutes in the day, equaling 120/360 or 0.33 day.
If you select number of classes in a day, the program calculates day attendance as four out of eight classes, equaling 0.5 day.
If the result is a fraction, the decimal precision of the day calculations and totals on the report is determined by the Number of digits after decimal for amounts setting on the Miscellaneous panel of the Format tab of the report.