Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Make the spouse a constituent by opening the Spouse relationship and selecting Relationship> Add this Individual as a Constituent from the menu bar.
- Break the link on the relationship record with the constituent we want to be a non-constituent in the end
- Open the new constituent from Step 1 and merge the constituents. The constituent from step 1 is the Merge Into record. The original main constituent is the Merge From record.
- Select the appropriate information to transfer
- Mark the Delete the source constituent checkbox
- Click Merge
Edit the records manually to reflect the change