Like many reports in The Raiser's Edge, the Donor Category Report has an Output Query function that is useful to group records from reports. Here's how to use this function to group donors from one or several donor categories when running Donor Category report:
- Click on the General tab.
- Mark Create output query in the lower left.
- Click on the Format tab.
- Highlight Detail in the left list.
- At the bottom, select the desired Donor Category table.
- Mark Use Selected Categories Only.
- Move the desired category/categories from the left to the right list. Be sure to note the selected value(s).
- Click Preview.
- When prompted to Save Static Query, enter a name for the output (static) query. Be sure to include the noted values from step 7 if creating multiple queries.
- Set the desired options and click Save.
- Exit ("x-out") from the report preview.
- Repeat steps 3 through 11 for as many category/category groups for which you need separate queries.
Create constituent queries for each giving level. For example, if you have a category for donors who gave between $100 and $499, create a query with the following criteria: Summary Information, Total Gift Amount between $100 and $499 and the subfilter Gift Date between [the date range on which you wish to report]. For more information, refer to How to query on summary information, total amount (e.g. cumulative giving).