- If you are using Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista you will need local administrator rights to the server or standalone workstation in order to install ABM.
- This installation will install Microsoft ADO version 2.6 and .Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 on your computer.
- Close any Windows applications you are currently running.
- Download the latest release to the server or standalone workstation, or place the CD in the CD-ROM drive.
- If you downloaded the file, double-click the file to start the installation wizard.
- If you placed the CD in the CD-ROM drive, the installation wizard automatically opens. If not, click Start, Run, and click Browse. Select your CD drive, search your CD drive until you find Setup.exe, highlight Setup.exe, click on Open, and then click OK. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click Next.
- On the Software License Agreement screen click Yes to agree with the terms of the License Agreement.
- Click Next.
- On the User Information screen, enter your Name and Company. Enter number 1 in the Serial box and click Next.
- On the Choose Destination Location screen, accept the default folder or use the Browse button to select a different folder. Click Next.
- On the Setup Types screen, select from the following:
- Typical: All users other than System Administrators should select Typical installation. It will install PowerPlan, PowerLink and PowerMart (as well as two demo databases).
- Custom: System Administrators should select Custom installation in order to install PowerSet and the database conversion utility.
- Click Next.
- If you selected Custom in the previous step, several boxes should already be checked. Included should be:
- PowerPlan – box should be checked
- PowerMart – box should be checked
- PowerSet – box should be checked
- PowerLink – box should be checked
- Database Conversion Utility – box should be checked; used for loading scripts provided by
- Select/de-select the appropriate components and click Next.
- In the Select Program Folder screen, select the default program folder or change the name and click Next.
- In the Start Copying Files screen, verify the settings and click Next.
- The installation will ask if you wish to back up the current DLLs, which will be overwritten during installation. If you have enough space, click Yes. It will create a PowerPlan subdirectory in your Windows System directory (or for NT, the WinNT System32 directory). You can delete this directory at a later time, after checking that all the programs are working correctly after the installation.
- When the installation is complete, the Setup Complete screen will appear. Click Yes to restart the computer and click Finish.
If you installed a newer version of ABM, update the existing environment databases to access them through the version of PowerPlan you installed.
For more information refer to:
- Advanced Budget Management Installation Guide (PDF)
- Advanced Budget Management with a Terminal or Citrix Server Installation Guide (PDF)
- Updating the Advanced Budget Management Database (PDF)
This integration is now supported by PowerPlan. Questions regarding resources, functionality, or troubleshooting with the Advanced Budget Management solution can be directed to PowerPlan Support.