For complete installation instructions, including screen shots, review the The Information Edge Installation Guide (PDF). We recommend reading all instructions prior to beginning the installation process. The following instructions are for updating The Information Edge version 1.80.503.
Note: Before updating to Information Edge 1.8, please install the latest SQL Server 2000 and Analysis Services service packs. You can obtain the latest SQL Server 2000 service packs from the Microsoft Web site.
- In the Downloads section, click The Information Edge 1.80.503 and Cumulative Patch (Revision 1)
Note: You must have The Information Edge with active maintenance in order for this option to be available. Only the latest build can be downloaded from the Web site; older builds are not available.
- Click tie18.exe and save the file to the server. tie18.exe is a self-extracting installation file containing the version 1.80.503 update.
- Have all users exit The Information Edge
- Double-click tie18.exe to begin the version 1.80.503 update.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard and click Finish once the update completes
- After running the update, log into The Information Edge and confirm that version 1.80.503 was installed successfully by checking the software version number.
- Copy tie18.exe to each workstation that has The Information Edge installed and repeat steps 4-6 on each workstation