Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database (BB52243). If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: The following instructions apply when you have Batch mode selected on the Process Options tab. If you select the Interactive mode, you will need to select the option to Copy Preferred Address to Alternate for each address for which to save the original.
To save the old address:
To save only the old address with changes (BB552242):
- On the Process Options tab, mark the Save Old Address in Constituent Address List checkbox
- When this option is selected, enter the Address type, Info source, Date from, and Date to information for the old address.
Note: Any of the fields in the Save Old Address in Constituent Address List frame can be left blank in order to save the information entered for the original address. For example, if an address has “Personal friend” entered in the Info source field, this field can be left blank in the Save Old Address in Constituent Address List frame so that the information is not overwritten.
- Update Addresses (BB65882)
- On the General tab, select to Update only addresses with NCOA address changes
- On the Process Options Tab, select to Save old addresses in constituent address list
- Run the Update again, but do NOT mark either option listed above.