Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Prior to importing, we suggest marking Validate Now on the General tab.: Validating the data will not import the information in the system. This is a test run of the import.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
- You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format (BB11254).
- *Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the example and the sample data file are in CSV format.
The file should have a separate row for each course enrollment the student will be enrolled in. In the example below, the example student will be enrolled in 5 classes after completing the import.
- Verify the file has following required fields (any additional fields can be included in the import as well):
- Student Import ID (**Student Import ID must be used; Student ID cannot be used.)
- Academic Year
- Course ID
- Start Term
- Class Section
- School ID (required if multiple schools exist)
- In Administration > Select Import.
- Select Student Course for the import type, below Student > Select New
- Mark Import New records on the General tab.
- Browse to the CSV file in the Import file field
- Select the File Layout tab and and select the Import File does not contain field names option ONLY if your import file does not have header. If your Import File contains the field names, mark Fields names are on the first line of the import file.
- Select the Fields tab and map the fields
- Save the import parameters.
- Select Validate now (if Validate data only on the general tab is marked) or Import Now