A voided check is to be considered outstanding until the period in which the void was posted. Verify the post date by going to the bank register and opening the check.
- If the reversal is Not Yet Posted, change the post date to reflect the correct reversal date.
- If the reversal is Posted, you can enter an adjustment to offset the out of balance amount.
Note: When reconciling the bank for the period that includes the posting for the reversal, the bank account will be out of balance again. Another adjustment here will offset the original adjustment. This will bring the bank account back into balance.
- Purge the check
- Re-pay the invoice using the same check number
- Void the check again and post the reversal to the correct period
If the above steps do not apply:
- From the Reconciliation screen, click Reconcile Later.
- Exit and sign out.
- Log back in and continue the reconciliation process.
Contact Support and reference this article.