Report cards contain four sections of information -- Header, Details, Summary/Notes, and Footer. The Summary/Notes section is optional. Omitting it provides additional space for the Detail section.
- You can include a logo in the header.
- The detail area presents course information in rows. You can add columns to list course details, such as course name, teacher, and marking column grades.
Note: You can format the report card so the detail area is located on the left or upper area of the page and the summary/notes area is on the right or below the detail area.
- In the Summary/Notes section, you can select the summary sections to include on report card, such as information about activities, attendance, and conduct. If you select to position the Summary/Notes section below the Detail section, you can print the information in up to four columns.
Note: If you select more than one, information prints in the first column and then wraps to the second column rather than breaking to a new page. You can also add column breaks after each summary/notes section (on the General tab for that section) so that information for each section prints in a separate column.
- The Footer prints on the bottom of every page. You can select to print a signature line, the print date, and the page number in the Footer.
How to create a report card
- On the Mail page in Registrar's Office, click Forms
- In the list on the left, select Report Cards
- Click New on the action bar
- On the General tab, select the school in the Report Card for field
- Select the academic year, session, and terms to include
- Select the paper size, orientation, font type, and font size
- You can mark the Create an output query of students checkbox
- You can also override hold codes which prevent students from receiving report cards by marking the box to Include students on hold that should not receive report cards
- Select the Details tab to:
- Specify whether to include borders around sections
- Select the sections of information to include, such as marking column grades, GPAs, performance, attendance, conduct, and student notes.
- On the Details tab, in the Borders field, select None, Lines above and below area, Line above area, Line below area, or Box around area
- In the grid, the Courses row appears by default. Select the Courses row and click Open on the action bar.
Note: You cannot save the report card until you select at least one column in the Courses section
- On the General tab, in the Section heading field, select the academic year format. Options include:
- 2005-2006, 09
- 2005-2006, Grade 09
- Ninth Grade, 2005-2006
- Determine which checkboxes on the tab to mark. For example, you can mark the Show column header row and Print a box around the column heading row checkboxes. To add a line of space after the section, mark the Include a [ ] after this section checkbox and select Blank line.
- Select the Columns tab
- Click New Column on the action bar
- In the Field to show, select the field for the first column to appear in the Details section (such as Course name or Course ID), define the column width, format the column heading (if any), and determine if text should wrap
- Click OK
- Repeat the three steps above for each column to include on the report card, such as Teacher(s) and multiple marking columns
Note: When you select Marking column in the Field to show field, you must select a marking column to include (such as QT 1) and the information to display for the marking column (such as Grade, Credits awarded, or Comment Code). When you display grades, you must define the format (such as # (LG) or #).
- To include skills and comments, select the appropriate tabs
- To create a heading that spans multiple columns, select Multiple Column Headings
- To define the sort and break criteria, select the Sort/Break tab
- Click OK to close the Courses section and return to the Details tab
- Define other rows on the Details tab as appropriate. For example, select Academic Summary in row 2 and set parameters on the General, Columns, and Multiple Column Headings tabs.
- Select the Summary/Notes tab
- Mark the Show the summary/notes area checkbox
- In the Position field, select Right or Bottom
- Enter the width
- Select an option in the Borders field, such as Lines above and below area or Box around area
- In the grid, select the information to include in the report card, such as Activities, Conduct, Attendance, and Freeform Notes
- Select the appropriate options on the Filters, Attributes, and Address tabs
- Select the Format tab
- In the Student Sort section, determine the order of the report cards, such as Advisor, Ascending and Student name, Ascending.
- Select Student in the Name Formats section
- Select the student name format for the address and body of the report card
- Select the faculty/staff and relationship name formats in the appropriate sections
- Select General in the Header section
- In the Template layout field, you can select Side by side or Stacked. Select Side by side to print the student information to the right of the school information. Select Stacked to print the student information below the school information.
- You can include a report card title, logo, and notes. Be sure to define the placement and height of the logo.
- Select Format in the Header section
- Define the placement of the school fields. For example, to center the fields on a portrait report card, indent the name/address and additional lines by 2 inches.
- Select the font type and font size of the student name
- Select the font type, font size, and placement of the additional student fields
- Select School Information in the Header section
- Enter the school name, address, and any additional lines
- Select Student Information in the Header section
- Select information to appear for each student, such as Advisor, Homeroom teacher, and Class of
- Select the Footer section
- Select the information to print at the bottom
of every page on the report card. For example, you can include a signature line, the print date, and the page number
To practice creating report cards, follow the step-by-step instructions in the Creating Report Cards section in the Mail Guide (PDF). This section includes information about general formatting, adding detail sections, adding summary/notes sections, formatting the header, and formatting the footer.