- Enter the path and the file to create, such as C:/Imports/Student.csv
- Click the ellipsis button. Select the folder in which to save the file. Name the file in the File name field (be sure to include the .csv extension). Select Text Files in the Files of type field. Click Open.
Note: If the import file has not yet been created, and another tab needs to be accessed, for example to view the Fields tab in order to find format of the data for an import field:
- On the General tab, select the Create import file option
- In the Import file field, enter any character, for example: x
- The other tabs in the import parameters can not be selected