If you are on version 7.50.222 or later, you may be able to edit the timetable to associate the academic year with a new timetable. This option allows you to edit the timetable without deleting anything.
To unlock the Timetable field on the General tab of the academic year/session record, you must delete all associated scheduling information, including scheduling scenarios, student requests, classes, course scheduling restrictions, faculty scheduling restrictions, and room scheduling restrictions.
- Delete scheduling scenarios
- Clear student schedules
- Delete course requests
- Delete classes
- Delete course scheduling restrictions or remove the patterns and any information in the Restricted Times Grid from the Restrictions 2 Tab for each course record already containing a pattern/restricted times for the academic year you are trying to change:
- Open Records, Courses
- Search for and open the Course records containing the Patterns or restricted times.
- Select the Restrictions 2 tab
- Highlight and open the desired academic year
- Change to Restrict by Meeting instead of Pattern
- Ensure there is no information in the Restricted Times Grid at the bottom.
Note: It is required to enter a number of meetings and periods enter 1 for each since this will later be changed back to restrict by pattern
- Delete faculty scheduling restrictions
- Delete room scheduling restrictions
- In Configuration, click Academic years, open the academic year to change, select the General tab and change the timetable