Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a static, gift query (BB19082) of the gifts that need the package removed
- Create a gift import file (BB17606) using the query created in step 1. On the Fields tab, select Gift in the Show field, click Clear Fields, and select the Gift Import ID and Package ID. Leave everything else
- Open the file in Excel and enter the carat character (^) in the Package ID field. When imported, it blanks out the field.
- Save the file in CSV format (BB11254)
- In The Raiser's Edge, click Admin, Import
- Select Gift from the Gift node and click New. On the General tab, select Update existing records and browse to and select the file saved in step 4. Leave everything else set to the defaults and click Update Now.