Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View a sample data file (StudentImmunizations.csv) which adds a Tetanus Immunization to the Student record of Michael Richard Andrews.
You may need to widen the columns to view all of the information in a column. The sample file was tested in version 7.60.250. Other versions may vary slightly in the available fields.
You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Education Edge. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Student Import ID, Medical Information Immunization Immunization, Medical Information Immunization Status, Medical Information Immunization Date, Medical Information Immunization Comments
Note: Student ID can be used instead of Student Import ID.
*Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the example and the
sample data file are in CSV format.
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import type: Student, Student
- What do you want to do? Update existing records
- Options Create new table entries (To add new entries to the Immunization table)
- What file do you want to import? Browse to the import file and select
Use Student Import ID (or Student ID) to match records in the import file with existing records
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited - Characters separate the fields
File layout tab:
- Field Separator: Comma
- Text qualifier: Quotation
- Import field names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample import format: Verify the first few rows of the import fil
In the Import these fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding fields in the Import Fields column. Also, pay attention to the Extension column. Groupings of Immunization fields in the import file must share the same extension.
We recommend marking all Import Options. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.