- Define the relationship types on the student/applicant records:
- Open a student/applicant record.
- Select the Relationship's Tab.
- Define the appropriate relationship types
- Mark or note the checkboxes: emergency contacts, relations that receive a report card, relations the applicant/student lives with, and relationships that show on transcripts..
- Define the spousal relationship on the relationship records:
- Open the relation record that is not printing within Labels.
- Select the Relationships tab.
- If the spouse is not defined, add the appropriate spousal record as a relation and mark the Spouse checkbox.
- Unmark the Spouse checkbox to remove a spousal relation.
- Click Save and Close.
- Mark the relation's address to receive mail.
- Open the individual record that is not printing.
- Select the Address tab and open the appropriate address.
- Select the Attributes Tab.
- In the Send ____ to this address drop-down menu select All Mail or Selected Mail.
- Click OK
- Click Save and Close.
- The relation record is marked as deceased:
- Open the individual record and select the the Bio 1 Tab.
- Verify that the Deceased? checkbox, has not been incorrectly marked.
- To include deceased relations in the mailing:
- In Mail, click Labels and Envelopes.
- Open the label or envelope parameter.
- On the General tab, unmark Exclude deceased? to include deceased relations.
- Review the Relationship Filters tab of the mailing parameter. The program includes only relations that match all of the criteria selected. For example, if you include the relationship type Father and Include emergency contacts, labels do not print for fathers who are not marked as emergency contacts in Records.
- In Mail, click Forms, and open the label or envelop parameter.
- Select the Relationship Filters tab.
- Select the appropriate relationship types in the Relationship Types filter.
- Under the relationship type filters select the appropriate checkboxes marked on the student/applicant records in step I:
For applicant relationship labels, you can select Ignore, Include, or Exclude in the following two fields: emergency contacts and relations the applicant lives with
For student relationship labels, you can select Ignore, Include, or Exclude in the following four fields: emergency contacts, relations that receive a report card, relations the applicant/student lives with, and relationships that show on transcripts.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.