- Create an import file with at least the required fields (BB102268)
The required fields needed to import students are:
- Record Type
- Last Name/Organization Name
- Current Grade
- Payer ID (If adding Statement Information)
- In Administration, click Import records.
- Highlight Record and click New Import.
- Select the Import new records option.
- In the Import file field, enter the path of the Import file created in step one.
- Complete the remaining fields on the General tab as needed, click Next.
- Select the appropriate options on the File Layout tab, click Next.
- Define the fields in the import file (if using a saved parameter file from the create import file (BB59087) process the fields will already be defined as needed), click Next.
- Mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported option to create a file of records that could not be created/updated. This option allows you to modify the records causing an exception and import them separately.
- Mark the create control report option.
- Click Save and enter an appropriate name.
- Click Import Now to begin the import process.
- Review the control report once the process is complete.
For more information, refer to How to import into the Financial Edge (BB73785)